Sculpt TC - Error Building "image/disk"

John J. Karcher devuser at alternateapproach.com
Wed Jun 6 18:45:14 CEST 2018

On 06/06/2018 03:03 AM, Josef Söntgen wrote:
> Hello John,
>
> * John J. Karcher <devuser at alternateapproach.com> [2018-06-05 18:55:48 -0400]:
>> Run script aborted because gdisk is not installed
>> Makefile:312: recipe for target 'run/sculpt' failed
>> make: *** [run/sculpt] Error 1
>>
>> In fact, "gdisk" is installed, but it doesn't run under a normal user. I
>> could hack the scripts to use "sudo", but I thought I'd check here first, in
>> case there is a simple solution (since Ubuntu and Debian usually operate
>> similarly).
>
> Please check if '/sbin' is included in your $PATH variable. There are
> distros, e.g. Debian, which do not set the common 'sbin' paths in the
> shell when executed as non-root user. This issue comes up now and then
> but so far we have not decided on how - and if at all - to solve it.
>
> Personally, I always set the PATH variable myself so no suprises there.

Thanks, that was the problem.  (I needed to add both "/sbin" and
"/usr/sbin".)

But now I get a stranger error:

[...]
using 'core-nova.o' as 'core.o'
/sys/firmware/dmi/tables/smbios_entry_point: Permission denied
/dev/mem: Operation not permitted
     while executing
"exec parted -a none -s [run_dir].header -- rm 3"
[...]

Since "Nobody III" says Debian Stable works, I'll just try that instead.

  Thanks again!
--
   John J. Karcher
   devuser at alternateapproach.com