Sculpt TC - Error Building "image/disk"

John J. Karcher devuser at alternateapproach.com
Wed Jun 6 00:55:48 CEST 2018

Hello,

I am happy to report a very smooth initial experience with Sculpt TC
running in VirtualBox.  I followed the tutorial (skipping the parts
about virtualization, of course), and everything went well, with the
exception of the minor error I will describe below.  The Sculpt Manager
is surprisingly convenient and mature, and the under-the-hood
improvements are impressive as always.  I really like the direction
things are moving!

My only problem was building the "image/disk" version of the image.

For development, I am running an up-to-date Debian Unstable, which has
worked well for me so far.

Here is the relevant part of the output:

checking configuration syntax
   CHECK init
using 'core-nova.o' as 'core.o'
Run script aborted because gdisk is not installed
Makefile:312: recipe for target 'run/sculpt' failed
make: *** [run/sculpt] Error 1

In fact, "gdisk" is installed, but it doesn't run under a normal user.
I could hack the scripts to use "sudo", but I thought I'd check here
first, in case there is a simple solution (since Ubuntu and Debian
usually operate similarly).

I obviously don't expect Linux distro tech support - if there isn't an
easy answer, I'll just install Ubuntu.

  Thanks!
--
   John J. Karcher