package dependencies

Norman Feske norman.feske at genode-labs.com
Fri Jun 1 10:38:12 CEST 2018

Hi Stefan,

> I then checked tool/depot/mk/dependencies.inc, 121L which yields that
> error and it looks to me as that code would always detect a paket named
> twiced in the dependency graph as recursive dependency.
>
> Is this intended? And if so, how should we deal with it?

this behavior is certainly not intended. I have not encountered this use
case so far but it seems perfectly reasonable. The recursion check is
too rigid now and should be improved to cover this case. Do you happen
to have a suggestion of how to implement it more accurately without
becoming overly complex?

As an interim solution, you may remove the check locally for you.