Fullscreen VM in sculpt

Roman Iten roman.iten at gapfruit.com
Wed Jul 25 12:39:41 CEST 2018

Hello,

On 07/20/2018 09:36 AM, Alexander Boettcher wrote:
> If you earlier request the framebuffer dataspace, you will get an
> immediate visible window resize effect.

In [1] the framebuffer dataspace is requested in Genodefb::update_mode,
which is called noticeable earlier than NotifyChange. The diagnostic
warning log entry reflects the desired width and height with just a tiny
delay to the mouse movement. But still, the window border only updates
after the mouse pointer didn't move for around 2 seconds.

At least at first glance the patch doesn't change anything at all - it
doesn't event introduce the anticipated page faults, ...?

>> - I'd like to add diagnostic debug messages to the VirtualBox console to
>> get an idea when which method is called - but this makes only sense if a
>> can simultaneously see the virtual box window and the log terminal.
>
> What about starting just the noux pkg from the /config/deploy next to
> the Virtualbox pkg and make there a "tail -f report/log".

Ehrm, yes - that would be easy enough ;)

Cheers,
Roman

[1]
https://github.com/rite/genode/commit/64b517533d36f9a6506025e942bd33ddf4e095d3