scupt-tc real hardware: 0/3

John J. Karcher devuser at alternateapproach.com
Fri Jul 6 21:23:55 CEST 2018

On 07/06/2018 02:30 AM, Nobody III wrote:
> What AMD FX hardware did you get to work? Mine seems to have
> ACPI/interrupt issues. Because of this, only output hardware works. I
> can use fb_drv, but not usb_drv, ahci_drv, or nic_drv.

It's an Asus Sabertooth 990FX motherboard with AMD FX 8120 CPU and 16GB
of RAM.  The video card is a Gigabyte HD7750 (Radeon-based), but that's
probably irrelevant, as I assume it's running in VESA mode.

Like I said, I haven't tried virtualization yet, but it booted from the
USB stick, saw the external USB drive, connected using wired networking,
and installed packages from the internet.  It didn't like my ThinkPad
keyboard with built-in TrackPoint, but neither do the BIOS setup screens.