Checkpoint/restore of four specific capabilities

Joos, Lukas l.joos at tum.de
Thu Jul 5 13:12:26 CEST 2018

Hello,

i had a look at the 18.05 and the master branches of the Genode repository to see if my questions are still relevant to the current state of development.

As far as i can tell the three capabilities from the kernel-agnostic part are still being used in the same manner as in Genode 16.08. Only the Fiasco.OC specific code regarding the _blocking_semaphore (CAP3) seems to have changed slightly some days ago to adopt a newer version of the kernel.

If anybody could answer any of my four questions about these capabilities it would be greatly appreciated. Even a general explanation to what functionality these capabilities are related to and at which points in the lifetime of a component they are used would help me a lot.

Sincerely,
Lukas Joos