Roadmap 2018

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at ...1...
Tue Jan 23 08:49:20 CET 2018

Hello,

thanks for your input and ideas. In fact, the ebook reader as a
potential Genode target pops up from time to time, but it never gained
traction though. In my opinion one reason is a lack of interest in the
current developer community as there are many other attractive
targets. Another reason is the diversity of hardware platforms and
peripherals used in embedded devices as well as power-management
demands, which always brings a significant increase of efforts to
enable devices to a useful degree. I appreciate you sharing that
valuable information about the ereader hardware landscape, which may
help to spark some interest in the community. We core developers
decided on the more desktop-oriented Sculpt (and a touch of
networking) for this year's roadmap.

The upcoming version of the Genode Foundations book will be published
in the usual PDF but also in ebook formats. Because of personal
interest, I'll revive and optimize the unofficial EPUB version we had
in the past.

Greets
--
Christian Helmuth