Disk images for ARM based Genode Scenarios

Alexander Boettcher alexander.boettcher at ...1...
Thu Jan 4 16:51:32 CET 2018

Hello,

On 02.01.2018 19:42, Baconicsynergy via genode-main wrote:
> I built a simple log Genode scenario for wand_quad for testing purposes, and I am previously used to receiving iso images for x86_32/x86_64.
>
> However, there is no iso image! I am left with a log.core file in the var/run directory and I don't know how to construct a bootable microSD card image from these files.

by default you will find a file
build/wand_quad/var/run/<run-name>/image.elf, which could be used by
your u-boot with the 'bootelf' command (if supported by the bootloader
on your sd-card).

You may also build an Genode image to be used with 'bootm' command of
your u-boot. Add to the RUN_OPT in your build/wand_quad/etc/build.conf

RUN_OPT += --include image/uboot

After you invoked the re-run the run script you will find the image
under build/wand_quad/var/run/<run-name>/uImage

The u-boot (and SD-card) you have to setup yourself. Either you have one
already shipped with your board or you may try to create a u-boot using
our tool in "tool/create_uboot".

Hope it helps,

Alex.

--
Alexander Boettcher
Genode Labs

http://www.genode-labs.com - http://www.genode.org

Genode Labs GmbH - Amtsgericht Dresden - HRB 28424 - Sitz Dresden