Genode OS Framework version 18.02 released

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Wed Feb 28 14:13:19 CET 2018

Hereby, I proudly announce the release of Genode 18.02, which features
the first revision of Sculpt OS, which is the Genode-based operating
system that our team at Genode Labs has been using for several months
now. For the release, we have taken the time to polish and document it
so that like-minded people can join us with using and improving Genode
day to day.

Even though most topics of the release are closely related to Sculpt,
many of them are interesting on their own account. The highlights are:

- Sculpt for Early Adopters (EA)
- On-target package installation and deployment
- Improved networking stack
- Support for servers written in the Nim language
- VirtualBox version 5.1.32
- New trace-logging component
- Ethernet-driver for i.MX-based Wandboard
- SMP support for Xilinx Zynq hardware

The complete release documentation is available at:

  https://genode.org/documentation/release-notes/18.02

I wish you a lot of fun with exploring the new release!