Regarding building NOVA kernel

Mon Feb 5 08:41:40 CET 2018

Hello,

On Mon, Feb 05, 2018 at 12:15:04PM +0530, ROHIT JAISWAL cs16m053 wrote:
> Hi,
>  I have tried to build NOVA kernel but I am getting error.....
> <genode-main at lists.sourceforge.net>
> spawn qemu-system-x86_64 -no-kvm -display sdl -cpu core2duo -serial
> mon:stdio -m 512 -cdrom var/run/demo.iso -cdrom var/run/demo.iso -cdrom
> var/run/demo.iso
> qemu-system-x86_64: -display sdl: SDL support is disabled
> Aborting, received EOF
> Log step failed, retry.
> Boot process failed 3 times in series. I give up!
> make: *** [run/demo] Error 255
>
> I have tried to comment -display sdl in build.conf but i didn't get any
> output.
> Please provide solution.

This is not an issue of the Genode build system or the NOVA kernel,
which got already built successful. It is an issue of your Linux
environment and Qemu instance.

The problem is clearly reported by your qemu-system-x86_64 binary:
"SDL support is disabled", which means your qemu binary was
compiled without libSDL support. Therefore, it is senseless to state
"-display sdl" on the command-line.

The solution is to install an appropriated qemu variant, e.g., using a
pre-compiled Qemu of your Linux distribution, or configure and compile Qemu
yourself with the libSDL headers and libraries in place.

Regards
Stefan