OpenSSL version update

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at genode-labs.com
Tue Dec 18 08:59:01 CET 2018

Hello Edward,

On Mon, Dec 17, 2018 at 01:18:53PM -0600, Edward Sandberg wrote:
> Hey everyone, I ported a new version of OpenSSL (1.1.0i) to Genode. I
> have it working for x86_32 and x86_64. All of my testing was done using
> the seL4 kernel. The changes are here:
[...]

thanks for your contribution.

With his work on issue 3039 [1] Josef Söntgen updated openssl to
1.0.2q (commits are already on the staging branch). It was not
required to adapt curl or libssh in any way for this. As 1.0.2q has
the same security patch level as 1.1.0j I wonder about your
requirements for the 1.1 branch. Could you tell us more or maybe your
application could also be satisfied by a recent 1.0 version?

[1] https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/issues/3069

Christian Helmuth
Genode Labs

https://www.genode-labs.com/ · https://genode.org/