Expanding an NVME partition to 1T hangs

Pirmin Duss pirmin.duss at gapfruit.com
Mon Aug 27 14:52:07 CEST 2018

Hello Christian

On 27.08.2018 11:32, Christian Helmuth wrote:
> Hello Pirmin,
>
> I admire your courage to resize2fs from the initial GENODE partition
> to 1 TB as there are many stories from people failing such attempts
> (with Linux as host system). Therefore, I suggest you use the Linux
> live system at hand to remove the original tiny GENODE partition,
> create a new one with the desired size, and create a fresh ext2 file
> system on it. Don't miss to restore the file contents.

I was able to resize the partition in Genode, by yust increasing the RAM amount to 800M and restart the component via
the version tag in /config/deploy.

When I tried to do partition stuff with gparted/resize2fs in a live linux, the system wouldn't boot anymore.

After expanding the partition in Genode, I was able to resize the partition. And was able to reboot the system.

Best regard
Pirmin