Change to usb_drv? (17.11 -> 18.05)

Edward Sandberg ed.sandberg at adventiumlabs.com
Thu Aug 16 16:15:48 CEST 2018

We have resolved this issue and wanted to share what we learned.

> One of my components that handles a USB device was working in 17.11
> (x86_32, nova), but is causing problems when I attempt to run it in
> 18.05.   The device is an FTDI-based USB-GPIO adapter (FT232H chip),
> along with a port of libftdi.
>
> The USB hub setup seems to work, but the FTDI setup generates an error
> in the log "ftdi_usb_reset failed", occurring when
> libusb_control_transfer() fails during a USB reset.

We tracked the issue to a call to libusb_control_transfer() but the
issue was not in libusb. Instead it came from us neglecting to set a
pseudo-wall clock time as instructed in:

https://genode.org/documentation/release-notes/18.02#C_runtime

With that set properly our port of the FTDI GPIO library to Genode is
working in 18.05.

--
Edward Sandberg
Adventium Labs