10th anniversary of the first public Genode release

Norman Feske norman.feske at genode-labs.com
Mon Aug 13 14:29:06 CEST 2018

Dear Genode community,

as announced in the most recent Genode-Labs newsletter [1], we can
celebrate the 10th anniversary of Genode this year.

[1] https://www.genode-labs.com/news/newsletter/newsletter-2018-07

------

Genode has reached the age of one decade! This is fascinating from
various perspectives.

First, we still vividly remember the time when we founded the
project like if it was yesterday. We remember asking ourselves
the question how we imagine Genode Labs in ten years. Well, it
actually looks pretty much exactly like we had envisioned: A tight-
knit group of enthusiastic and energetic minds working without
friction in an enjoyable environment, a healthy open-source
ecosystem, having earned the trust and recognition of highly
reputable people. Our dream has become reality.

Second, it took us more then 10 years to transform our initial
vision of an ideal operating system into the software that runs so
nicely on our laptops now. With the common perception of a rapid
and ever accelerating evolution of technology as a background,
this time frame feels like an eternity. But now, we are here.

Third, maintaining a sustainable business over this long period
while retaining independence is not easy. But it is possible and
a fulfilling experience we would not want to miss.

To celebrate the anniversary together with the community, friends,
and families around Genode, we continue our tradition of holding
a barbecue at the banks of the river Elbe:

  Google Maps: http://goo.gl/maps/C0luj

  Thursday August 30, 6 pm near Eisenberger Strasse in Dresden

If you are planning to attend, please let us know by writing a
short note to:

  info at genode-labs.com

------