Placing Qt5 Windows on Genode Startup

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Mon Apr 16 11:29:11 CEST 2018

Hello Johnathan,

On 10.04.2018 23:20, Johnathan Gohde wrote:
> I've been trying to figure out how to give an initial window placement
> for Qt5 applications on startup. I've tried to mimic the example set in
> ported applications, like found in qt_launchpad/main.cpp:89, using a
> window.move(0,0) call in my application, but this doesn't place the
> window in the corner.
>
> Can anybody help me out or point me in the right direction?

I presume that your scenario is based on one of the examples of the
libports repository. These examples use the window manager, which
employs dedicated components for the managing the window layout
(layouter) and producing the window decorations (decorator). The initial
positioning of windows is the job of the layouter. The layouter used by
the examples can be configured to place new windows at a specified
position. You can find the configuration options documented in the
corresponding README [1].

[1] repos/gems/src/app/floating_window_layouter/README