libreboot x200 thinkpad

Josef Söntgen josef.soentgen at ...1...
Mon Apr 9 13:05:56 CEST 2018

Hello Joel,

* baconicsynergy--- via genode-main <genode-main at lists.sourceforge.net> [2018-04-04 22:27:23 -0400]:

> I have recently purchased a libreboot x200 thinkpad, and attempted to
> boot Genode's Sculpt scenario from USB. Unfortunately, nothing
> happened at all.  Will there be any support for libreboot/coreboot
> devices in the future?

I use Sculpt on an X220 running an old (~1y ago) CoreBoot snapshot with
SeaBIOS as payload (I have not tested another payload with Genode yet).
Apart from a disfunctional IOMMU everything works fine. I would have
expected your X200 to work as well when using the SeaBIOS payload.

That being said, providing better support for running Genode on CoreBoot
or rather testing that it works is not something we actively pursue at
the moment.

Regards,
Josef

--