Proposal for nic_tap component

Emery Hemingway ehmry at ...548...
Sat Apr 7 14:50:44 CEST 2018

Hi Martijn,

I had considered doing this, but didn't find enought time. I did some
research though. The 'pcapng' is the file format to use if you want
compatibility with wireshark. It is also the same format that QEMU
outputs when used with the '-nic dump,file=...' option. The spec is
pretty easy to understand: https://github.com/pcapng/pcapng

I had started on a component, but I can't find any code. I don't
remember getting very far, but I do remember using the pcapfix utility
was helpful to see how bad my dumps were.
http://f00l.de/pcapfix/

Cheers,
Emery