VirtualBox with Networking

Martin Stein martin.stein at ...1...
Tue Sep 26 10:34:24 CEST 2017

Hi Chris,

I would stay debugging the DHCP problem instead of switching
to static IPs. I assume that there is no problem with the bridge or
the VMs. Maybe you can send the NIC dump output so we can see
more clearly what is going on. If you use my branch merge_to_staging [1],
you can also configure the output by adding something like:

log_cfg.dhcp = Packet_log_config::COMPREHENSIVE; /* print all header information */
log_cfg.udp  = Packet_log_config::COMPACT;       /* print most important information only */
log_cfg.ipv4 = Packet_log_config::SHORT;         /* print protocol name only */
log_cfg.eth  = Packet_log_config::NONE;          /* print nothing for this protocol */

after this line in Interface::_handle_eth [2]:

Packet_log_config log_cfg;

Cheers,
Martin

[1] https://github.com/m-stein/genode/tree/merge_to_staging