Custom InputMethod for QtVirtualKeyboard

Christian Prochaska christian.prochaska at ...1...
Thu Sep 21 23:08:14 CEST 2017

Hi Johannes,

On 18.09.2017 09:22, Johannes Kliemann wrote:
> Hi Christian,
>
> I tried to implement a custom InputMethod for the QtVirtualKeyboard. But
> I couldn't find any useful information on how to do this.
>
> Beside the Technical Guide [1] for the keyboard there seems to be no
> documentation on how to do this.
>
> I have implemented my custom InputMethod class in QML (based on the
> example) but I failed to find any useful information on how to activate
> it. The part Activating an Input Method [2] is not helpful at all since
> it only links to the class references of the InputEngine (which neither
> explain where or how to use the custom class).
>
> Do you have any idea?

>From reading the Technical Guide it seems to me that there exists a singleton instance of 'InputContext' with an 'inputEngine'
property, which itself has an 'inputMethod' property, which should be overwritten with the custom InputMethod instance. But not
being familiar with QML programming at all, that's where my understanding ends, too. From a quick search for 'InputMethod' at the Qt
forum I see that you already asked there as well, which is what my next suggestion would have been, too :-)

Regards,
Christian