i.MX6 Wand-Quad drivers

Fri Sep 15 08:40:27 CEST 2017

Hi Steven,

On 09/15/2017 01:25 AM, Steven Harp wrote:
> Hello:
>
> What is the current scope of driver support in Genode 17.08 for
> the peripheral devices on the Wand-Quad board?

I'm afraid there is only quite rudimentary support. All that is needed
for the kernel and timer service, and a SD-Card driver is available.

> - Ethernet (Atheros)?
> - USB controllers?
> - Wi-Fi (Broadcom)?
> - Bluetooth (Broadcom)?
> - Vivante GPUs / framebuffer?
> - SDIO?
> - GPIO?
>
> Anybody currently working on these?

At least at Genode Labs nobody is working on these drivers right now.
There is however some basic IPU (image processing unit) driver support
for i.MX53, which seems to be quite similar to those used in i.MX6 SoCs.

Regards
Stefan