Base-hw kernel GIC issue with a Cortex--A7 processor.

Bob Stewart robjsstewart at ...9...
Thu Oct 19 13:50:55 CEST 2017

Hi Stefan,
Thanks for looking at this.

I've been using that TRM in my efforts and using the 0x1000 and 0x2000 for the distributor and the cpu interface registers. I know they are correct and my base is correct as I can md in u-boot and see the non-zero initialized register values at the locations indicated in the ARM documentation.

I'm now back looking at the placement new operator functioning as my debugging leads me to the Pic constructor call in that operator as the location of the failure. Strangely, creating an instance of the Pic class locally works correctly....in the goodness of time I will figure it out!

Bob

From: Stefan Kalkowski <stefan.kalkowski at ...1...>
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2017 11:30:23 AM
To: genode-main at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: Base-hw kernel GIC issue with a Cortex--A7 processor.

Hi Bob,

I wonder whether your problem has to do with a different memory map of
the GIC. When looking at the documentation for Cortex A9 and A7, I could
see they differ with respect to the offset of distributor and
core-specific interface of the GIC within the cpu local private memory.

Please, introduce a new Hw::Cortex_a7_mmio structure analogue to the
already existent Hw::Cortex_a9_mmio and Hw::Cortex_a15_mmio variants.
You can find the right values for the A7 specific
IRQ_CONTROLLER_DISTR_BASE and IRQ_CONTROLLER_CPU_BASE here (page 180):

http://infocenter.arm.com/help/topic/com.arm.doc.ddi0464d/DDI0464D_cortex_a7_mpcore_r0p3_trm.pdf

Of course, you'll need to replace the occurrences of Cortex_a9_mmio in
your board.h file(s).

I hope it will help you.

Regards
Stefan