Restoring child with checkpointed state

Wed Nov 15 11:24:27 CET 2017

Hi David,

On 11/15/2017 08:56 AM, David Werner wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> thank you for your response. It helped me a lot!
>
> I extended the constructor of of Genode::Signal_source_rpc_object
> without any problems.
>
> When i try to access the Cpu_thread_component pointer t within the
> lambda method which is handed to "entrypoint.apply(...)" i get the
> following compiler issues:
>

>     COMPILE  cpu_session_component.o
> In file included from
> /home/david/genode-kia4sm/repos/base/src/core/include/signal_source_component.h:17:0,
>
>                  from
> /home/david/genode-kia4sm/repos/base/src/core/include/signal_broker.h:17,
>                  from
> /home/david/genode-kia4sm/repos/base/src/core/include/pd_session_component.h:30,
>
>                  from
> /home/david/genode-kia4sm/repos/base/src/core/include/cpu_thread_component.h:26,
>
>                  from
> /home/david/genode-kia4sm/repos/base/src/core/include/cpu_session_component.h:27,
>
>                  from
> /home/david/genode-kia4sm/repos/base/src/core/cpu_session_component.cc:21:
> /home/david/genode-kia4sm/repos/base-focnados/src/include/signal_source/rpc_object.h:
> In lambda function:
> /home/david/genode-kia4sm/repos/base-focnados/src/include/signal_source/rpc_object.h:54:14:
> error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘class Genode::Cpu_thread_component’
>       return t->platform_thread().thread().local.data()->kcap();

this is the most interesting information here. The compiler tells you it
does not know enough about the class Genode::Cpu_thread_component at
this point. See a some lines further down.

>               ^
> In file included from
> /home/david/genode-kia4sm/repos/base/src/core/include/cpu_thread_component.h:25:0,
>
>                  from
> /home/david/genode-kia4sm/repos/base/src/core/include/cpu_session_component.h:27,
>
>                  from
> /home/david/genode-kia4sm/repos/base/src/core/cpu_session_component.cc:21:
> /home/david/genode-kia4sm/repos/base/src/core/include/cpu_thread_allocator.h:26:8:
> error: forward declaration of ‘class Genode::Cpu_thread_component’
>   class Cpu_thread_component;

As you can see here, the compiler has only information via this forward
declaration of the class Cpu_thread_component. The full declaration is
missing, because the header containing Cpu_thread_component could not be
included here - for reasons.

A simple solution would be to remove the implementation of the
constructor, and just declare it within the header file. Move the
implementation of the constructor to some appropriated compilation unit
(*.cc) within core, and include the header containing
Cpu_thread_component within it.

Regards
Stefan