Library Ports

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Wed Nov 8 08:46:28 CET 2017

Hi Ben,

On 08.11.2017 08:37, Nobody III wrote:
> Okay, sounds good.

thanks for considering my version. Let me suggest to take the technical
discussion to the issue 2528?

> Maybe we could use lzma (tar.xz) for some of the
> bigger depot packages. A higher compression ratio would be particularly
> useful in the future for Qt 5.

Admittedly, I picked tar.gz based on familiarity only. This was probably
a bit short-sighted. I wonder, would there be any disadvantage in always
using tar.xz instead of tar.gz for all depot archives? Right now, we
still have the chance to change things like this without causing much
disruption.