Compiling Kernel Modules for Genode on iMX53 with TrustZone

Mauricio Gutierrez Barnett maguti14 at ...527...
Tue Nov 7 06:22:58 CET 2017

Hello Stefan,

Thank you for clearing that up. However, I have been trying to compile the
kernel and I am getting a lot of warnings and errors.
That is, I am trying to cross compile the linux kernel for the tz_vmm for
the imx53 on my VM runninng Ubuntu 16.04.
I made sure to read the Changes in the documentation folder and have the
required verisons of GNU, make, perl and perl modules as specified.
I have also been looking around on the Mailing List and there is a link
floating around to a guide for compiling the kernel for the tz_vmm scenario
but when I click it it tells me the page no longer exists.
That being said I do need to build the kernel to get the Module.symvers
file among others. I have tried using both the imx5_defconfig and
imx5_android_tz_defconfig but when I try to make I keep getting an error:

"Target processor does not support smc #0"

The commands I run look like this:
make ARCH=arm
CROSS_COMPILE=~/Documents/Genode/gcc-linaro-arm-none-eabi-4.9-2014.09_linux/bin/arm-none-eabi-
distclean

make ARCH=arm
CROSS_COMPILE=~/Documents/Genode/gcc-linaro-arm-none-eabi-4.9-2014.09_linux/bin/arm-none-eabi-
imx5_defconfig

make ARCH=arm
CROSS_COMPILE=~/Documents/Genode/gcc-linaro-arm-none-eabi-4.9-2014.09_linux/bin/arm-none-eabi-

Where the cross compiler is from the Genode toolchain.

I recently ran into the thread "Building Genode for Linux/ARM" [1]  and
there it says that the linux platforms do not support cross-compiling, but
I think what they are doing is different? Otherwise, is this still true? If
so, if I want to compile the kernel myself would I have to go through the
process they did using qemu?
I am new to this so sorry if these questions are not the best or missing
information.
Any help would be appreciated.

[1] https://sourceforge.net/p/genode/mailman/message/34123311/

Thank you,