ntp and adjtime?

Steven Harp steven.harp at ...486...
Mon Nov 6 20:02:49 CET 2017

Some hardware platforms have no real time clock (RTC), or an inaccurate one.
I have an SNTP client working in Genode that could substitute for or supplement
an RTC, but am not sure about the most sensible way to integrate that with Genode
components using libc.  My intent is that gettimeofday() would return the periodically
adjusted UTC in each component.  Do I understand correctly that libc will currently
only probe /dev/rtc upon the first call needing time of day? Maybe there is
mechanism to signal the need to invoke adjtime?

Suggestions?

// Steve Harp