Virtual machines from .vdi images

Sebastian Sumpf Sebastian.Sumpf at ...1...
Thu Nov 2 10:47:40 CET 2017

On 01.11.2017 20:27, Chris Rothrock wrote:
> The IRQ that my AHCI controller is using for SATA port 0 is 37 (I know,
> it's pretty high and is probably contributing to the issue).  From what
> I understand, however, the drivers ported for Genode are derived from
> the original Linux version drivers which obviously work in Linux.  Do
> you think it would help if I did some code comparison between the AHCI
> driver port for Genode and the original Linux AHCI driver that works?
> Perhaps if I delve in deep enough I can find some structuring that has a
> special handling for AMD SATA controllers and help to contribute to the
> project.

Genode's AHCI driver was written from scratch, therefore it lacks
features the Linux driver certainly offers. So, a little digging into
the Linux driver for special handling of AMD controllers might help.

Cheers,

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Sumpf