Mosquitto library ported to Genode

Emery Hemingway emery at ...261...
Tue May 30 20:01:58 CEST 2017

Hello Alexander,

I'm glad to hear that our networking options are expanding!

The 'lwip_tcpip_init()' should be called implicitly by the 'libc_lwip'
library, so I believe your problems come from double initialization:

https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/blob/16.08/repos/libports/src/lib/libc_lwip/plugin.cc#L226

The 'lwip_libc' library will disappear in the near future, so to build
against the current and upcoming release you would remove this
dependency and let the the built-in socket support in libc take over.
The TCP/IP stack would then be selected and configured at runtime via
the VFS. For now you would be restricted to the Lxip stack but there is
a LwIP plugin for the VFS that is nearly ready.

For an example of runtime network configuration see
https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/blob/17.02/repos/libports/run/netty.run
Note that you can use the VFS plugins internally or shared between
components using the vfs server.

Cheers,
Emery