Libreboot and GuixSD

Emery Hemingway emery at ...261...
Tue May 23 18:14:09 CEST 2017

Hi Dawson,

Genode is not directly bootable as a coreboot payload but is bootable
from GRUB. As far as I know all the of the supported kernels on x86 use
the multiboot standard, which is the same as Hurd, so you can
cross-reference GRUB config snippets between the two.

I'm a bit suprised you found my NixOS dualboot instructions, I don't
remember if I finished it. I assume that the same would work for Guix,
the essence of it is that the configuration changes slightly depending
on which boot partition is mounted.

I don't run a system like that anymore because I had some practical
problems with NixOS as a desktop distro, but I may return to it if I
had a second VM to use.

Good luck,
Emery