Raspberry Pi B+ with uboot and genode

rmillo rmillo at ...210...
Thu May 18 15:46:07 CEST 2017

Hi Bernhard

Basically the Raspberry PI 1 Model B+ has the same base as Model B, but
it has some improvements such as more GPIO Pins. The UART GPIO pins are
the same in both models:

https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/usage/gpio-plus-and-raspi2/README.md
https://pinout.xyz/#

But I think they should be some differences between Model B and Model
B+, which are not specified in the original datahseet (BCM2835 dated
2012 and Model B+ release on 2014), the same for Model B. As Stefan
recommended, check in Linux kernel  the addresses  the initial
configuration of the UART, and the hardware in general.

I do not have in my hands a Model B+ to test, because if there are
significant differences it is likely that Fiasco.OC kernel is not
completely functional in that model. Try to start compiling Genode for
RPi using the base-hw platform (hw_rpi). This will serve as a starting
point to put GenodeOS on the Model B+, since the implementation of this
is about Genode, and is easier to understand and modify.

When I began to work with Fiasco.OC+GenodeOS on RPi Model B, I used
base-hw as start point to test the hardware and its components.

The firmware its not the problem, i have tested Fiasco.OC+GenodeOS with
a more recently firmware on Model B.

What kernel_address on config.txt are you using? I use 0x00800000 to
load directly the the raw img.

How are you creating the raw img? I use

genode-arm-objcopy -O binary $elf_img $raw_img

Best regards