Planning of Hack'n'Hike 2018 gathering

Martin Stein martin.stein at ...1...
Tue May 16 12:04:55 CEST 2017

Hey guys,

Like in the past years, the Hack'n'Hike 2017 was a big success to us. We
had a great hike through the Zittauer mountain landscape, enjoyed the
view from atop of several extraordinary rock formations, and visited the
beautiful monastery ruin in Oybin.

>From the hacking perspective, probably the most significant project was
the Quake 3 scenario of @cnuke and @ssumpf. They achieved to let us play
Quake 3 on Genode in LAN multiplayer in the end. With fluent 70-120 FPS
using the Intel GPU driver and low-latency sound. That was a great
experience and a lot of fun. Furthermore, there were projects working on
a Freeciv port, Raspberry Pi 3 support, native i.MX USB support, tooling
for the new depot/package system, Virtualbox 5 support in Muen, and more
... .

That said, we'd like to invite you to continue hacking and hiking with
us in 2018 ;-) This github issue [1] is meant as base for organizing,
joining in, and getting informed. So, please feel free to post there if
you have questions or suggestions regarding the Hack'n'Hike and, if
you're interested, keep an eye on the issue as we will post all news in
there.

Cheers,
Martin

[1] https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/issues/2412