Raspberry Pi B+ with uboot and genode

Bernhard Blieninger bliening at ...389...
Wed May 10 19:24:42 CEST 2017

Hi,

I am currently working to get the raspberry pi b+ working with genode.
I started with an raspberry pi uboot and a tftp server where genode.img
lies on.
The sd card was flashed via dd and the sd card image from here:
http://wiki.beyondlogic.org/index.php?title=Compiling_uBoot_RaspberryPi

For the genode image I used the newest version of genode on github and
compiled a foc_rpi and an rpi with this command:

./tool/create_builddir foc_rpi  BUILD_DIR=buildrpi

or that

   ./tool/create_builddir rpi BUILD_DIR=./build-rpi

and the command

  make run/demo

This is working with the Raspberry Pi B(!) but when i put the sd card in
the Raspberry Pi B +(!) it is not even booting.

Therefore i prepared a sd card with raspbian and changed the kernel.img
with the newly compiled u-boot.bin from http://git.denx.de/u-boot.git
The sd card now boots again and shows u-boot but if I want to load
genode.img it does not continue.
If genode is loaded, for example by manually triggering it with bootz,
the serial connected minicom screen shows encoding problem nonsense.
Starting up a linux kernel works. If I start genode.img directly from
the sd card it is not working either.

If I try this sd card with the Raspberry Pi B(!) it is not working.
What I have tested in a last step is, what happens  if I substitute the
u-boot.bin with the genode.img while using the sd card image that was
provided by beyondlogic in the first place, this is working for the B
model but not for the B +.
Also tried a fresh sd card format it to fat16 and put all the stuff on
it, which is in the boot folder from
https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware , but that is also not working.

So I assume, that either the bootcode.bin and/or start.elf provided by
raspberry are too new to use them with genode.
I could maybe find older versions but I would just like to ask if this
will help, maybe genode was never (meant to) run with some raspberry
boot code that is newer then 2013.11
(http://genode.org/documentation/release-notes/13.11#Raspberry_Pi).

Thanks in Advance for your help.

Best Regards,