[GSoC] UEFI framebuffer task

Sebastian Sumpf Sebastian.Sumpf at ...1...
Tue Mar 28 15:43:48 CEST 2017

Hi Philipp,

On 03/28/2017 10:17 AM, Philipp Kerling wrote:

> Am Samstag, den 25.03.2017, 09:40 +0100 schrieb Sebastian Sumpf:
>> Sounds good, looking forward to your proposal.
> Thanks - I've submitted the draft. I'd be happy to hear any comments or
> suggestions you and the other team members might have.

Okay, I gonna have a look at it tomorrow.

> On another note, the microkernel devroom GSoC page recommends doing a
> small qualification task for the project. Do you have any suggestions
> here?

Maybe you could get started by accessing a register of the NVMHCI (like
a version register or similar). For this I would recommend to perform
the following steps:

1. Get Genode master
2. Start QEMU with NVME enabled (I would recommend NOVA as kernel)
3. Find and map the PCI I/O memory resource of the controller
4. Take advantage of Genode's MMIO framework and read a register of your
choice

Please feel free to ask questions,

Sebastian

--