Genode on i.MX6 (eMMC Flash)

Tue Mar 28 11:46:01 CEST 2017

Hi,

On 03/27/2017 02:54 PM, Kranthi Tej wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are using a i.MX6 based board. We have been able to run Android
> successfully on the board. I've built the Genode demo image for the ARM
> processor by using the Wandboard build configuration (hw_wand_quad). I
> have successfully generated an image of Genode demo in the build
> directory named "demo.img".
>
> Can I load the generated Genode image onto the eMMC flash of the board
> using MfgTool? If so, can you please guide me on how it can be done?

Probably, yes. I never used that tool. Once when writing a permanent
Genode image to an i.MX53 eMMC I copied over an u-boot image via
Linux/Android and booted it via the already installed u-boot loader.

Anyway, I doubt that you should write an ext2 disk image to the eMMC,
assuming that you produced that 'demo.img' image with Genode's run tool
(by using something like RUN_OPT += --include image/disk).
The run tool's 'disk' plugin does not produce a bootable disk image that
can simply used by some ARM platform, because it does not contain a
usable boot-loader for ARM.
Instead you probably have to install boot-loader and Genode image
separately. I you are using u-boot on the target platform already, you
can use the u-boot image that gets generated when using Genode's
run-tool 'uboot' plugin (RUN_OPT += --include image/uboot).

Regards
Stefan