Exceptions in with_libc not working

Boris Mulder boris.mulder at ...434...
Tue Mar 21 10:37:25 CET 2017

Well, what it does now it that the program just crashes with an
"uncaught exception".

Catching all exceptions inside becomes very hairy though, as functions
called inside with_libc might throw some exceptions that need to be
handled elsewhere.

For now the best fix seems to wrap only the necessary functions inside
with_libc (and have it return an error code the C way) and doing the
rest of the computations outside it.

Wouldn't it make sense to move with_libc into the critical functions
that need it themselves? Or to create wrappers for them in the include
files included by the components (socket.h etc.), similar to how posix
just transparently wraps main() in with_libc? This way the programmer is
not bothered with it at all unless it's necessary.

--

Met vriendelijke groet / kind regards,

Boris Mulder

Cyber Security Labs B.V. | Gooimeer 6-31 | 1411 DD Naarden | The Netherlands
+31 35 631 3253 (office)