libc blocking functions/with_libc inside thread

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at ...1...
Mon Jun 26 10:57:53 CEST 2017

Hello Boris,

On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 03:59:53PM +0200, Boris Mulder wrote:
> The entrypoint creates the root component, spawns the thread and
> returns. It will then handle RPC requests, as entrypoints do IIRC.
>
> The program acts as a server (serving Nic sessions asynchronously) and
> as a client to lxip vfs with libc. the code can be found in [1].
>
> How can I have the entrypoint handle I/O signals in libc while also
> being able to serve clients in Genode?

This should happen automatically under the hood as libc processes
signals in ordinary I/O signal handlers in the entrypoint.

Are you able to run the scenario under linux and inspect the
processing of both threads via GDB? I fear that I cannot help with
specifics of OpenVPN, but may guide with more details about the
blocking situation. It may be interesting to know if any network
packets reach the OpenVPN code.

Greets
--
Christian Helmuth