libc blocking functions/with_libc inside thread

Boris Mulder boris.mulder at ...434...
Fri Jun 23 15:21:28 CEST 2017

Hello,

> How does socket() fail if you do not wrap the call with with_libc()?
> I'd expect the thread to open a socket_fs file and maybe block for the
> I/O operation to complete. Also, is there any reason to use a
> Genode::Thread which uses POSIX interfaces only (beside the admittedly
> more concise syntax compared to pthread_create())?

Basically if I do not use with_libc, the call to socket() will hang
forever inside the first read() call to the socket file. The reason I
used a Genode::Thread was because openvpn already did that. Do you think
using a pthread might be better in this case?

--

Met vriendelijke groet / kind regards,

Boris Mulder

Cyber Security Labs B.V. | Gooimeer 6-31 | 1411 DD Naarden | The Netherlands
+31 35 631 3253 (office)