Genode on i.MX6Q Sabre Lite

lavrovyn at ...145... lavrovyn at ...145...
Wed Jun 21 21:41:01 CEST 2017

Hi, Alex

Yes, default_log.cc is listed in core-sel4.mk file. However, I've recently
noticed that not all of the components listed in SRC_CC actually get to
compile (including default_log.cc), which results in incomplete core-sel4
library. After taking a closer look, it turned out that
io_port_session_support.cc and io_port_session_component.cc are the source
of this problem. I had them out commented for my sabre_lite build as
you've previously suggested. Removing them from core-sel4.mk for
seL4_x86_32 build gave me the same results as for sabre_lite: incomplete
core-seL4 library

Library core-sel4
COMPILE  cpu_session_component.o
COMPILE  cpu_session_support.o
COMPILE  cpu_thread_component.o
COMPILE  io_mem_session_component.o
COMPILE  io_mem_session_support.o
COMPILE  main.o
COMPILE  pd_assign_pci.o
COMPILE  pd_session_component.o
COMPILE  pd_upgrade_ram_quota.o
COMPILE  ram_session_component.o
COMPILE  ram_session_support.o
COMPILE  rom_session_component.o
COMPILE  rpc_cap_factory.o
COMPILE  version.o
MERGE    core-sel4.lib.a

and the same "undefined reference" errors at the end.
Now that I know where the problem is: what can I do from here?

>>Please check that you compile and link the
>>file to core. Check that the symbol actually shows up as symbol in
>>core.o, e.g. by examining the output of "readelf -s
>>build/<arch>/core/sel4/core.o".

Not sure what you mean by the symbol. "readelf -s core.o | grep -i log"
gave me the following output:
10311: 00000000     0 FILE    LOCAL  DEFAULT  ABS log.cc

Comparing to successful build for x86_32:
8733: 00000000     0 FILE    LOCAL  DEFAULT  ABS log.cc
9028: 00000000     0 FILE    LOCAL  DEFAULT  ABS core_log.cc
9175: 00000000     0 FILE    LOCAL  DEFAULT  ABS default_log.cc

Thanks