Query regarding extracting instruction which caused a data-abort exception

rijurekha at ...71... rijurekha at ...71...
Tue Jun 20 16:42:53 CEST 2017

Analyzed the following files:
(a) base-hw/src/core/spec/arm/kernel/cpu.cc (calls init trustzone)
(b) base-hw/src/core/spec/imx53/trustzone/platform_support.cc (defines
init trustzone where monitor exception entry is assigned with
_mon_kernel_entry)
(c) base-hw/src/core/spec/arm_v7/trustzone/mode_transition.s defines
_mon_kernel_entry, which is the exception vector table in monitor mode.
The exception handlers call "_nonsecure_to_secure exception_type,
pc_adjust", which sets the appropriate pc based on lr values.
(d) base-hw/src/core/include/spec/arm_v7/macros_support.s has the register
bank save and restore macros.

For my doubt (1) above, does each precise external abort go through this
monitor exception handler function? How does that explain _state->ip is
the correct variable (since pc is already adjusted based on lr)?

For my doubt (2) above, are the _state variables mapped to the memory
addresses where the normal world registers are restored from? Is that how
any change made by vmm is reflected in the normal world registers?

Thanks!
Riju