Release 17.05, base-hw, environment ROM session denied error

Bob Stewart robjsstewart at ...9...
Tue Jun 13 16:32:40 CEST 2017

Thanks for the reply, Norman.

I doubt that it is related to explicit routing declarations as I have a default routing set to go through all parents, all children. Or, am I misunderstanding routing? This run script and component code work in 16.11 and 17.02. So the problem is being caused by a change in 17.05.

I finally looked into child.h. The actual error is Service Denied. The ctrl_module component which is having this start up problem is trying to establish a session to a server which accesses a core-only service. I had to create this service because the SOC requires privileged access to enable hardware subsystems or to establish a specific gpio pin mux setting. The associated code has been working well since 2015. I'll trace the code back to the origin of the Service Denied state and find out what I have missed in the 17.05 changes.

Regarding the two log lines:

 [init -> gpio_drv] used before freeing emergency=276K
[init -> gpio_drv] used after freeing emergency=260K

These seem to be indicating an emergency allocation of memory had to be made. Does that mean the components RAM quota was insufficient?

Thanks,
Bob