Individual file access

Nobody III hungryninja101 at ...9...
Wed Jun 7 05:05:28 CEST 2017

To start off, I'm planning on building a component that handles file
open/save requests for other components, primarily graphical applications.
My plan is to use a qt5 QFileDialog for the user to select one or more
files, then modify the vfs server's configuration to attach the selected
file(s) to the component's filesystem.

To attach individual files to a component's filesystem, it seems like I
should write a server-side link vfs plugin. The plugin would be like a
symlink, but would transparently resolve the link within the vfs server,
providing access to otherwise inaccessible files. Is this possible? If so,
can you give me some tips on how to implement it?