Genode OS Framework version 17.05 released

Chris Rothrock cgrothrock at ...9...
Thu Jun 1 14:05:52 CEST 2017

Norman, a couple questions about this release.

1. Does this release port in the newest seL4 kernel (4.4) or still the
4.3.2?
2. Is there framebuffer support for AMD processors (if not, is there a
build with this target in mind)?

On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 10:56 AM, Norman Feske <norman.feske at ...1...
> wrote:

> We just released the version 17.05 of the Genode OS Framework. According
> to our road map, this version is designated as a suitable basis for
> development branches to be maintained over a longer period of time. With
> this goal in mind, the release cycle was focused on wrapping up our
> great API renovation that we started of year ago, and on updating
> fundamental parts of the framework that we want to keep stable in the
> foreseeable future. But the release is also rich of interesting new
> features and improvements, just to name a few highlights:
>
> - New approach and tools for package management
> - Updated revision of the "Genode Foundations" book
> - Completion of Genode's API modernization
> - GNU compiler collection (GCC) 6.3 including Ada support
> - Qt5 updated to version 5.8
> - Feature-complete VirtualBox 5.1.22 for NOVA
> - Nim programming language
> - Interpolated wall-clock times
> - New network-traffic and CPU-time monitoring tools
> - Muen separation kernel updated to latest version
>
> The official release documentation covers these and many more topic in
> great detail:
>
>   http://genode.org/documentation/release-notes/17.05
>
> Have fun with exploring the new release!
>
> Cheers
> Norman
>
> --
> Dr.-Ing. Norman Feske