Celebrate Genode's 9th anniversary with us!

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Mon Jul 31 15:20:40 CEST 2017

Dear Genode community,

to continue our tradition of celebrating our accomplishments in the
form of a seasonal barbecue and camp fire, we invite Genode's friends
and community to the banks of the river Elbe in Dresden/Germany.

Unlike previous years, which were focused on technical breakthroughs,
the leitmotif of the past year was Genode's long-term sustainability,
maturity, and scalability. On that account, we streamlined key infra-
structure (such as the VFS), and profoundly revisited the framework's
architectural foundations and lowest-level protocols. This line of
development eventually culminated in the application-binary
compatibility across kernels as different as seL4, NOVA, or Linux.
The practiced continuity of development was underlined by the third
edition of the "Genode Foundations" book.

With regard to Genode's role within the open-source community, we
had the honor of hosting the microkernel devroom at this year's
FOSDEM, and are very happy about the fruitful relationships with
sister projects like the Muen separation kernel and the seL4
microkernel community. Business-wise, we are delighted about the
growing use of Genode in commercial products, and about Genode's
role as the technological basis for entirely new ventures, pursued
independent from our company.

Let us meet together to celebrate the past, present, and future
of our project, and enjoy the get-together of the Genode team and
collaborators. We will hold the anniversary party at the river bank
of the Elbe:

  Google Maps: http://goo.gl/maps/C0luj

  31st of August, 6 pm near Eisenberger Strasse in Dresden

Enjoy the atmosphere at the river bank with tasty barbecue of
vegetarian and non-vegetarian food, and a nice selection of
beverages! If you are going to attend, please let us know by
writing a short note to:

  info at ...1...