Roadmap 2017

Peter Lindener lindener.peter at ...9...
Sun Jan 8 02:30:50 CET 2017

Fellow genodians-

   Now that Genode's base API is going totally async..

   it would be great to see an example of some cooperating processes where
each might have the flexibility to across the network of different
machines...
   I realize there are plenty systems for supporting an RPC...
but I gather Genode's new Async perspective, might also better inform how
one might best configure and synchronize / clean_up a set of processes
exchanging data and running possibly on different machines..

   That is: an example of how one might best do RPC like things within the
philosophy of the new Genode API would be very helpful...   it could start
as more of a toy program, but the thought here is that we might polish and
maintain it as part of Genode's getting started / coding style
documentation...

    Is there an existing Genode RPC like example that might be a good
starting point ?

    -Peter