Q2 - build demo error

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Tue Feb 14 15:58:31 CET 2017

Hello,

On 14.02.2017 16:00, Philip Rhoades wrote:
>      LINK     fb_sdl
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lsupc++
> /root/genode/repos/base/mk/prg.mk:174: recipe for target 'fb_sdl' failed
>
> The only relevant Google result taslked about static linking . . but I
> thought it better to ask here first . .

your host system misses a proper C++ compiler, which is needed to build
the "hybrid" fb_sdl component (hybrid means that it is both a regular
Linux program that is linked against the glibc and interacts with the
Linux world, as well a Genode component that interacts with the Genode
world). The sup++ library is normally part of the 'g++' package.

To avoid stumbling blocks like this, please revisit the prerequisites
listed here:

  http://genode.org/documentation/developer-resources/getting_started