error on building tool_chain_rump

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at ...1...
Tue Aug 15 07:48:24 CEST 2017

Hello Jan-Ralph,

given your reasonable current host Linux I expect an incompatibility
of Rump with your recent host tool chain. I did not try this myself
but the following error seems to hint that.

On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 05:16:54PM +0000, Jan-Ralph Sroka wrote:
> inode.c: In function 'swap_dinode2':
> inode.c:378:21: error: iteration 2u invokes undefined behavior
> [-Werror=aggressive-loop-optimizations]
>      dp2->di_extb[j] = bswap64(dp2->di_extb[j]);

You may install an older (version 4?) Ubuntu GCC, generate appropriate
symbolic links for gcc etc. in a distinct directory, add that
directory to the front of your PATH environment variable, and rebuild
tool_chain_rump.

Christian Helmuth
Genode Labs

https://www.genode-labs.com/ · https://genode.org/