run/demo on NOVA failed

Jan-Ralph Sroka Jan-Ralph.Sroka at ...6...
Sun Aug 13 10:19:36 CEST 2017

Hello,

as stated I try to run the Demo on NOVA.

I've been following the guide on the homepage and:

- prapared the ports for nova and x86emu
- prepared libc
- uncommented 'REPOSITORIES += $(GENODE_DIR)/repos/libports' in the
config file
- made the builddirectory
- made the kernel
- successful run the demo on a Linux Kernel

System: I am using Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

I am getting the following error output:

   Program lib/ld/nova/ld-nova
make[1]: Verzeichnis „/home/j-r/UNI/genode/build/nova_x86_32“ wird verlassen
genode build completed
using 'core-nova.o' as 'core.o'
using 'ld-nova.lib.so' as 'ld.lib.so'
using 'nova_timer_drv' as 'timer'
install bootloader
creating ISO image...
Warning: -follow-links does not always work correctly; be careful.
Size of boot image is 4 sectors -> No emulation
Total translation table size: 2048
Total rockridge attributes bytes: 1624
Total directory bytes: 6882
Path table size(bytes): 50
Max brk space used 23000
3916 extents written (7 MB)
make[1]: isohybrid: Befehl nicht gefunden
make[1]: *** [iso] Fehler 127
Error: ISO image creation failed
Makefile:309: die Regel für Ziel „run/demo“ scheiterte
make: *** [run/demo] Fehler 251

I am clearly missing something but can't figure out what exactly.

cheers,
Jan