Qt Virtualkeyboard example

Christian Prochaska christian.prochaska at ...1...
Wed Aug 2 19:27:36 CEST 2017

Hi Johannes,

On 31.07.2017 15:20, Johannes Kliemann wrote:
> after applying your commit and fixing the vpaths for the plugin
> directory it compiles but it still fails to find the
> qtvirtualkeyboardplugin.

from looking at what gets built and installed with Qt for Linux, it
seems there are actually multiple plugins involved that need to be
ported to Genode: one Qt plugin (the one you ported) and multiple
QtQuick plugins (QtQuick.Layouts, QtQuick.Virtualkeyboard.Styles,
Qt.labs.folderlistmodel). The layout of the 'qml' directory must
probably match the one on Linux (/usr/local/Qt-5.8.0/qml), with a
'qmldir' file in each sub directory, for the QtQuick plugins to be
found. The Qt plugin was installed at
'/usr/local/Qt-5.8.0/plugins/platforminputcontexts/libqtvirtualkeyboardplugin.so'
on Linux, but I'm not sure if our Qt port can load non-QtQuick plugins
with 'dlopen()' yet, so I would first try to use it as a static plugin,
like it is done with the qjpeg plugin. This usually means adding an
extra file to register the plugin at program start (see
'repos/libports/src/lib/qt5/qtbase/src/plugins/imageformats/jpeg/import_plugin.cc').

Regards,
Christian