compiling genode with Virtual box tiny core Linux

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at ...1...
Fri Apr 21 10:45:40 CEST 2017

Hello Janardhan,

On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 06:03:24AM +0000, Janardhan wrote:
> I installed all required packages expect libc.While installing libc it's showing below error.
>
> ./tool/ports/prepare_port  libc
> libc  download http://svn.freebsd.org/base/release/8.2.0/lib/libc
> svn: E175002: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'http://svn.freebsd.org/base/release/8.2.0/lib/libc'
> svn: E175002: Unexpected HTTP status 400 'Bad Request' on '/base/release/8.2.0/lib/libc'
>
> make[2]: *** [libc.svn] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [_install_in_port_dir] Error 2
> make: *** [libc] Error 2
>
> And also i tried to download manually but it's not downloaded.
>
> is there any other way to install libc package in genode?

This looks like an issue with one of the FreeBSD SVN mirrors (see [1]
for a description). I double checked just now that it principally
works. I suggest you give it another try. Another issue could be your
local netowrk environment and you may check that SVN over HTTP works
for other repositories outside your local network.

[1] https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/svn.html#svn-mirrors

Christian Helmuth
Genode Labs

https://www.genode-labs.com/ · https://genode.org/