compiling genode with Virtual box tiny core Linux

Chris Rothrock cgrothrock at ...9...
Thu Apr 20 15:38:06 CEST 2017

I know that the libc is definitely needed.  For some time, I was having
issues doing the prepare_port on libc because it was not finding the
repository but that began working for me again after a few days.  Try doing
a make clean then prepare_port on these: nova x86emu libusb qemu-usb
dde_linux libc

Also when you prepare these ports, make sure all of them complete without
error.

Chris Rothrock

On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 9:06 AM, Christian Helmuth <
christian.helmuth at ...1...> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> the log helps much to identify the issue...
>
> On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 12:54:30PM +0000, Janardhan wrote:
> > make run/virtualbox
> [...]
> > Library-description file libc.mk is missing
> > Library-description file libm.mk is missing
> > Library-description file libc-mem.mk is missing
> > Library-description file stdcxx.mk is missing
> > Library-description file pthread.mk is missing
> > Library-description file libc_terminal.mk is missing
> > Library-description file libc_pipe.mk is missing
> > Library-description file libiconv.mk is missing
> > Library-description file qemu-usb.mk is missing
>
> The missing libraries are suspicious and because virtualbox depends on
> libc etc. it will not be built due to unresolved dependencies. I
> suggest you edit etc/build.conf and (as a shortcut) enable all stated
> repositories. Also, please be aware that Qemu is really slow when
> emulating hardware-virtualization features.
>
> Regards
> --
> Christian Helmuth
> Genode Labs