Genode on i.MX6Q Sabre Lite

Yevgeny Lavrov ylavrov13 at ...9...
Mon Apr 10 07:42:53 CEST 2017

Thanks for the support, and thank you Hinnerk for sharing your GitHub
branch, so far it was very useful to me when dealing with some errors.
I've looked into .mk files from base-hw and yes, the io_port* files only
get added to the core-hw.mk if one compiles for x86_64, so I've excluded
these files from core-sel4.mk file.
After excluding io_port* files, and clearing out seL4 object type related
errors (e.g seL4_X86_4K) it got me through compile phase. The compiled
image hangs on ## Starting application at 0xe0000000 … which appears to be
an invalid address. All my previous apps were starting at 0x10001000. I've
assumed that this is because I didn't include platform specific files that
can be found in base-hw/src/core/spec and base-hw/src/core/include/spec
directories.

Copying spec files from base-hw dir to my base-seL4/src/core/ directory and
including them into my build didn't give me anything so far. When
attempting to include them into my core-seL4.mk file normally resulted in
one or the other file missing or doesn't exist error. But at least it
improved my understanding of Genode's make process.

For now I just want to confirm one thing about core-seL4.mk file. Want to
make sure that I understand everything correctly.
The files that are included through SRC_CC in core-seL4.mk. Not all of them
are present in base-seL4/src/core. So, where does it pull the files that
are not in base-sel4/src/core? Do they come from repos/base/src/core
directory?